Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I Love Having Triplets

Let me be clear about my title - there is zero sarcasm in it! Last week it dawned on me that I absolutely love having triplets. Given the chance to go back in time and be told I could have just one baby or three, I totally would pick three.



My life is like a nonstop playdate. I don't have to worry about the boys getting bored or lonely. I get to sit back and watch my kids play with each other. Every so often I'm asked to join in, but usually they're content to play with each other.


Granted, the nap time and bedtime parties are getting a little old but at least they're being cute and chatting with each other.

Yesterday Tyler was on the toilet and Chase pulled the stool up right next to him, sat down on it and said "What you doing Tyler?" Stinking adorable!

I love looking into the living room and seeing the boys all snuggled up on the couch together, with their blankets, watching a movie. I love walking back to the playroom and finding them all lined up on the futon reading books together.


I love the hugs they've started giving each other. A couple of weeks ago Tyler (I think it was him) bumped his head when he tripped in the living room. Instead of coming to me for a hug, he went to Chase for one! I was delighted to see Chase give him the hug back and not try to push him to the ground in a tackle instead.


This past weekend I got to chat with a mom of 9 year old triplets (her kids were in the wedding). She agreed that having triplets is the best experience and she'd do it again in a heartbeat too. There's just something amazing about watching three little people go through the exact same stages at the exact same time.



Sure, life is challenging at times. But life sounds plenty challenging when you have just one kid too (obviously I'm not speaking from experience here). Honestly? I'd wish triplets on any of my friends :) It's an amazing experience not enough mom's get to enjoy! Life has been amazing the last 2 and a half years and I can't wait to watch the boys grow in their friendship.



8 comments:

Renee Claycamp said...

That's so sweet. :) I can just picture them taking care of each other forever!

Brenda B. said...

I admire YOU for being the mother of triplets - and boys no less. But, no offense, I am happy with a singleton ;) I don't have your patience (and that's a compliment to you).

The Lane Family said...

What an amazing post!! I love your perspective and and even though I only have twin girls and a 4 year old boy. So many of the things you say about multiples are true whether there are two or more :)

What great pictures!!

Christina said...

I feel the same about my twins. :)

Kris said...

Great Post!

MamaOtwins+1 said...

I LOVE IT - I feel the same way about the twins - and there are some great things that you get when you have multiples that a singleton doesn't (and that is from experience).
Of course I say all this knowing that during my twins first 6 months (which all multiple moms know is the worst) I did thank God almost daily for not giving me triplets. :)

breckholladay said...

Thanks Helen. I am enjoying triplets as well.

Tate Family said...

Thanks for the perspective. I'm a triplet mom as well, but mine are my 5th, 6th, and 7th children and sometimes I get a little overwhelmed. My trio is only 14 mos. old, so there's a lot of work to be done at my house between the 4 older kids and the trips. But I agree with watching them play together and love each other. It's priceless. www.djtatertots.blogspot.com
Julie Tate

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails