Thursday, October 22, 2009

Rainy Days

I used to love rainy days. They make for great napping weather and it's nice to have some downtime in the house, cuddling up on the couch to watch a movie or read books. My attitude towards rainy days is quickly changing though...

Let me break something down for you. Usually the average high temp in October in Kansas City is 71 degrees. A perfect 71. Know what our average high has been this month so far? Between 45-52. To make matters worse, most of those days it has been cloudy and raining. We were teased this past weekend and early this week with some nice, 70 degree days but yesterday it started raining again and it's continued on into today. YUCK!

So what's a mom to do when it rains.... and rains.... and rains? Break out the playdough!


 
 
 
 
 
 
 

If those shirts look a little familiar it's because the boys have worn them virtually every day since last Thursday. Seriously. They're lucky we do laundry most every night ;)



4 comments:

Jen said...

Desperate times.....

Seriously though, I know what you mean. My boys wore WINTER coats most mornings to school. And the rain....we're on our second day of DOWNPOUR. Ugh.

Looks like the boys had fun though!

Katie said...

we're in stl and are just a few hours behind you, weatherwise. YUCK. my big boy has a skeleton shirt he loves, too, and i just dressed the babies in theirs yesterday. i think the shirts are so stinkin' cute i don't even mind them wearing them!
love your boys...so fun!

Brenda B. said...

What? You didn't make the play-dough? Just teasing. I can't blame the boys for liking those shirts - I'd wear them all the time now too, if I were them.

Nicolasa said...

I love play-dough! I give some to my students, the small containers, for them to keep in their desk and they can play with it in their hands when they feel the need for motion at their desks!

Looks like fun, despite being teased by the weather!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails