Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Workout Buddies - Video Clip of the Week

I recently became the proud owner of the DVD workout The 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels (trainer on The Biggest Loser). I technically started this workout at the beginning of the month, but I was so sporadic early on that I didn't see any results. A week ago I started up again and did it almost every day last week and the results are in... I lost 2.5 inches overall in the last week! No weight loss, but that's ok with me if I'm losing inches!

Anyway, the boys love watching me "dance" as they call it. Every morning when I come out of the bedroom they start bopping back and forth and say "mama dance". Cracks me up! They've also recently started "dancing" with me... take a look!


13 comments:

Brenda B. said...

I have tears in my eyes I'm laughing so hard!

Unknown said...

A-dorable!! I loved the push ups - looks like you had to stop because you were laughing. :)

Brossettelewis said...

Hey that's how I do push ups and crunches. We also do this hold the underside of the bed and extend your legs straight, then back to a fetal looking position...funnest ride ever!

Jen said...

Awww. Kudos to you for being able to workout with all of them in the room!

brocks*mom said...

I have been there, done that (With ONE kid)...Brock says now "Mama, let's do punchy" when she does the punching exercises. :)

Kris said...

I love the "help" with the crunches! Too Funny!

angieL said...

I laughed so hard too. I thought before watching the video "the boys actually let her workout!?" Wow! When you did the push ups and the boys went underneath you and they sat on your tummy when you did your crunches I could totally relate. Luke does the exact same thing! except when I try and do jumping jacks or squats he holds on to my leg or crawls around and around my legs. Too funny!

Sarah said...

That is hysterical!

Anonymous said...

I love it!!! And they even encourage you to "dance"....no better way to get motivated then your little men :)

Esther said...

No wonder you've lost inches, you've got the ultimate resistance! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it! Too funny! Do you like the video? I've been considering it. . .

Also, I have an award waiting for you on my blog! Come check it out!

Anonymous said...

Oh My goodness that is the cutest thing ever!!!

I just starting doing the Shred today (my first day) and I can't imagine doing it with my twins underfoot. Lol!!

Mrs. M said...

I feel your pain! Between the cat and the kids, I always have some form of added resisitance! Good for you for making time to workout!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails