Monday, May 18, 2009

First Parade

As a child I attended many small town parades. Small town parades are always entertaining because you never know what will come around the corner next! This past weekend there was a parade nearby. Technically this could not be called a small town parade as the town is not small, but it sure had that small town parade feel!

So what was the occasion that warranted a parade in mid-May you ask? Why the birthday of Harry S. Truman of course! I think I read somewhere this was his 125th birthday weekend (he's not living still of course), but they have this parade every year. We weren't really sure what to expect when we headed out, but we knew no matter how small the parade was the boys would get a kick out of it. What did we see at this parade?

Well of course we would see Harry S. Truman in his own parade!

I don't even know... I'll tell you what though, it was hilarious to see them walking around after the parade with the horse heads deflated and just hanging there!


Nick tells me this is Iron Man. All I know is an Avon lady was walking with the car and handing out Avon catalogs.

I believe these are the looks that were given to that guy popping out of the car...
Or it could be they were looking at these girls...

The best parts of the parade were the gobs of candy thrown at the boys (which Nick and I dutifully ate for them)...

Or seeing a whole bunch of dogs walking down the road!

5 comments:

yo8798 said...

Sounds like you had fun!! My hometown has an All Schools Day parade every second friday in May. All schools in the district get the day off and it is so much fun!! I wanted to take Miley this year since she would be more entertained than last year but we both were sick! its strange how much i hated them then and want to be there now!! lol Most of the time it was because i was in the parade or forced to go i guess!!!

Sarah said...

My girls love parades - always entertaining! And we eat the candy for them too.

Katie said...

I'm usually a lurker, but I have to de-lurk to tell you that picture of the boys with the squinty eyes is so stinkin' cute! Your boys are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!

Katie in Dallas

Brossettelewis said...

They were totally checking out the ladies! I love parades. I love that there are a few here that have a 'kid parade' right before and the kids get to walk the path.

Anonymous said...

The wagon pictures are adorable!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails