Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Huh.

So a little over a week ago I started to feel "off". I was tired all the time. I was crabby at times. I didn't have much of an appetite and lots of foods didn't appeal to me anymore. I thought surely I'm not pregnant... Better to be safe than sorry though, so I loaded the boys up one afternoon and headed to Target for a test. You should have seen the look on the cashier's face when I dragged the Choo Choo up to the check out and plunked down a pregnancy test. It's best she chose not to make a comment because I'm not sure what I would have done or said.

Early the next morning I took the test while a very nervous Nick fed the boys breakfast. I looked down, saw the line and said "huh". Nick had more of a deer in the headlights look and didn't say much.


We're not entirely sure how far along I am as we were trying to NOT get pregnant right now, but the guess is 4-6 weeks. I have an ultrasound scheduled for next week, so hopefully we'll know more than. In the mean time Nick and I are trying desperately to wrap our minds around what this means. This new addition (assuming it's just 1, but if it's more maybe we can be the next hit TLC show and get a free house) means we HAVE to buy a bigger car. This new addition means the boys no longer having a playroom but my living room instead will be invaded by bins of toys. I'm hoping this new addition also means buying some pink!

I'll have a video clip of the week up in an hour or two - the clip I picked needs some serious editing, but I thought this little announcement could hold you over until then.

17 comments:

Esther said...

CONGRATULATIONS! So excited for you. Maybe you'll get your girl! Anyway, you'll be in my thoughts!

Esther said...

Wait...is this an April Fool's joke????

Jen said...

Are you pulling my leg??? Congrats!

Momma-of-5 said...

Congrats! Oh wait...is this an April Fool's joke? In that case, call me a sucker! But if not...I'm so excited for you...and TOTALLY know you can handle it. HOWEVER, it could mean that the November Scrap-cruise is a big fat "NO"! =)

Samantha said...

Dude.

Seriously? No joke?

Dude.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

Jennifer Mullinax said...

HA HA April Fool's...you had me for a minute!!:)

Unknown said...

I'm thinking April Fools. If not though, CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

HAHAAHAHA ... either way, I love it!!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

i'm going with april fool's, but i will admit that you did get me for a second. and if it is true, congratulations!

Krista said...

Please tell me this is an April Fool's joke???

Laney said...

Aaaaaah it's the old, "pregnant triplet mom gag!"
You did have me for a minute though!

breckholladay said...

I wish you had left this up till April 2nd. You told me about trips on March 31st. so, who knows?

amanda said...

lol. i found you off of meanest mom. too cute! i texted my hubby at work and told him i'm pregnant. lol. our youngest is five months. our oldest is four. there are two more in the middle. lol. he totally fell for it!!

Brossettelewis said...

HOLY CRAP HELEN! Post it on April 2.... I'm jealous, but laughing at you. This better not be April Fools. Can imagine more multiples? :O hhaa haa

Jaclynn_kyuss said...

Wow congrats. You two are on a roll!

eesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
eesh said...

Oh it's an April Fools! You got me Helen! But that would have been fun :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails