Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturday Savings

I managed to enjoy about 90 minutes of "alone time" at the grocery stores yesterday and here's what that resulted in…



I went to several stores yesterday but they're all on the same road, within a half mile of each other. I went to CVS, Hy-Vee, Aldi and Price Chopper. Earlier in the week I went to Target to buy some ground beef and will probably do that one more time today (ground beef is on sale for $1.49 a pound this week). My total yesterday with tax was $57 even.

The breakdown:

Dove deodorant – 2

Whole Milk – 2

Skim Milk – 1

Bananas – 3 lbs

Cream Cheese – 2

Margarine

Flour Tortillas – 2 packages

Diced Tomatoes – 6 cans

Parmesan Cheese

½ Gallon OJ – 2

Barilla pasta – 2 boxes

Tomato Paste – 1 can

Dried Kidney Beans – 1 lb bag

Canned Tomato Sauce – 3

Bread

Frosted Mini Wheats – 2 boxes

Colgate Toothpaste – 2

Hot Dogs – 2

Sausage

Bounce Sheets – 120 count box

Grapefruit – 18 lbs (that's not a typo!)

Potatoes – 5 lbs

I Can't Believe It's Not Butter

Clementines – 5 lb box

The exciting deals:

There were a few things that got me excited yesterday, one of which was my purchase of large boxes of Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats for only .94 a box! Normally these boxes are $3.78 a box, but when combining the sale prices and a coupon I was able to save 75%. Other notables were getting 5 pounds of potatoes for .99, large tubes of toothpaste for .75 each, Bounce sheets for $2.99, two sticks of Dove Deoderant for $3.08 (normally they are $3.49 each) and the 18 pound bag of grapefruit for only $6.88. I bet there are at least 25 grapefruits in the bag, which means I'm paying about 25 cents each! Lately the stores around here have been trying to sell grapefruit for .50 to .80 a piece.

Total before tax, sales and coupons: $100.13

Total paid before tax, after sales and coupons: $53.96

I saved almost 50% overall again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are incredible!! Are real Proverbs 31 woman! Because I look at you, and I say Nick and the boys are blessed.

Esther said...

Congrats! I'm excited today because I found a toy on clearance for a birthday party for 3.98 at Toys R Us! Think I'm going to try Grocery Game, though--your savings are inspiring.

Momma-of-5 said...

You're my hero...Can you come do my shopping?

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails