Saturday, July 3, 2010

Saturday Savings

Happy 4th of July weekend everyone! I hope you have lots of family fun planned for the weekend. Yesterday was the last time for a while that I'll have to grocery shop with all three boys! Wooohoo! It's not that I dread it, it's just so much easier and faster without the constant buckling and unbuckling of the car seats and the fighting over who gets to ride where in the cart. Yesterday the four of us managed to score some nice deals! Everything you see below cost me just $35.42!


HyVee:
Eggo Waffles - 2 boxes
Miracle Whip
Kraft Light Mayo
Frosted Mini Wheats - 4 boxes
Ritz Crackerfuls - 2 boxes
HyVee Pickles
HyVee Hot Dog Buns
Grape Jelly
Red seedless grapes - 4 pounds
Cantaloupe

Price Chopper:
Breyers Ice Cream - 2 cartons
Hefty Plates - 2 packages of 50 each
Hillshire Farms Smoked Brats - 2 packages
Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage - 2 packages
Oscar Meyer Premium Hot Dogs - 2 packages
Seedless Watermelon

The Deals: At HyVee I picked up lots of great deals and was even able to double up on the deals because I had bought two newspapers back at the beginning of June! The Mini-Wheats were $2 a box with my coupons (50% off), the Ritz Crackerfuls were $1 a box with my coupons (71% off), the Eggo Waffles were .30 a box with my coupon, the Miracle Whip and Mayo were .74 each after I stacked the HyVee coupon with my Manufacturers coupon and the cantaloupe was .99 (67% off).

I also used a slew of coupons at Price Chopper, and again I was able to double up on some deals thanks to having double the coupons! The Hefty Plates, which will come in handy when birthday time rolls around here next month, were .44 each after coupon (82% off), the Hillshire Farm Brats and Sausages were $1.50 each after my coupons (62% off), the Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs were .44 each after my coupon (86% off) and the Breyers Ice Cream were $1.44 each after using the coupon found in the flier at the store (71% off). The huge seedless watermelon was $2.94 and the boys (Nick included) can't wait to cut into that thing this weekend!

Total before Sales, Tax and Coupons: $91.61

Total after Sales and Coupons: $33.74 - 63% savings!

It just dawned on me that I haven't selected a winner yet for my Consignment Sale cash giveaway. My deepest apologies! In light of that, I'm going to extend entries until 9pm Sunday night and will announce the winner on Monday morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails