Thursday, June 3, 2010

Flawless. Almost.

Yesterday I had to go to the Post Office. I hate going there and avoid it at all costs. Typically I use their lovely Click 'n Ship feature and just do it all from home, but my printer is out of ink so that wasn't an option. Darn pre-planning!

At 4pm I grudgingly looked at the clock, at my boxes and at the boys. Man, I wish we had one of those nifty automated parcel service things in our Post Office... or even one within 10 minutes of here. I mustered up some excitement and announced to the boys that we were going to the Post Office. They got excited and ran wildly around the house while saying they were looking for their sandals.

We arrived at the Post Office and I instructed the troops that they were to stand on the sidewalk while I got the boxes out of the car (check!), that they were to follow me into the building (check!) and that they were to stand in line with me and not touch anything (check!). We'd be in the PO for about 3 minutes when the mom in front of me turned around and said "well done, Mom!". I laughed and reminded her we'd only been in there for 3 minutes to which she replied "Well yeah, but well done even just getting them in here. I'd be a nervous wreck if I had even one loose toddler, let alone three!".

The boys did remarkably well not touching the large display of Toy Story 3 items, which says a lot considering how they mauled the Toy Story 3 display at Target just three days earlier. Considering we were in the PO for probably 15 minutes they did better than remarkably well, really.

I heard lots of "aww, they're so cute!" and "wow, they're so good!" kinds of comments, and I'll admit - my mom ego was gettin' pretty large.

Yeah, that's right! I'm Super Mom! Tackling the Post Office with three grabby toddlers doesn't scare me!

I paid for my shipping, told the boys we could go and it happened. Chase melted down. Want to know why? Because he wanted to open the door himself. (Please refer back to my post from Monday on how I feel about this...) GAAAAH!

I had to pick him up and carry him out to the car like a big, flailing sack of potatoes. Did I mention my arms hurt from my workout still? No? Cause they did. So his 33 or 35 pounds or whatever he weighs now of flailing dead weight was a treat.

He threw a fit the whole way home. See?


8 comments:

Jen said...

Turn in your cape. It's over. ;-)

MandyE (Twin Trials and Triumphs) said...

Even with a little meltdown, I still think you're Supermom for that feat. :)

I aspire to take my TWINS somewhere one day without a stroller. They're only 17 months now, so it's still a little early (I think). I tried the park by myself last week, and I had to take a nap when we got home. It wasn't so much from physical exhaustion (although there was some of that!), but mental anguish! HA!

Laura said...

you are cracking me up with your sayings!!! Big, flailing sack of potatoes! ROFL!

Unknown said...

I have to agree with Laura, that phrase put such a visual in my head I laughed until I cried. LOL! But focus on the victory of the whole rest of the trip.

Drew and Emily said...

I only have one 'fit throwing, do it myselfer' at my house. I don't know how you do it with three. My 11 month old is so easy going that he is giving me a false sense of security that he won't be like his older brother.

LewisFam said...

My two year old does this on a daily basis. I never know what is going to set him off. Can't wait for this stage to be over!

Brenda B. said...

I was about say the same thing about the "flailing sack of potatoes" but your Mom & Sister beat me to it. Between that and the fact you had to do it with your arms hurting.

Look at the bright side - Day 2 your arms hurt worse!

Jessica said...

LOL! Thanks for the laugh! Seriously, you did do awesome to get them out and to be so good the whole time. I think why it strikes me as funny is that Liam has that fit about wanting to open the door by himself or some other thing "By himself" all the time. I can see why three boys doing that would drive you crazy! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails