Friday, April 23, 2010

We Finally Bought A Van

Yesterday was a momentous day for our vehicles...

In the afternoon my beloved Neon hit 100,000 miles (I've had it for 8 years next month).


Then we traded in our old 1996 Jeep (the dealer only wanted to give us $1,000 for it but I told them we needed $2,000 or no deal).
Then we bought a new (to us) van! Woohoo!


That, my friends, is a bargain of a van. It's a 2008 Kia Sedona with just under 36,000 miles on it and the sticker price was just $12,980. I knew vans for that price could be found, thanks to a handy dandy spreadsheet I made while researching vans, but I also knew that price would be hard to come by. When I saw one listed for that online Tuesday afternoon we jumped on it. 

I'm glad the years (2.5) of longing for a van are finally over. I'm glad the weeks (2.5) of van research are finally over. And I'm glad the months (6) of spending mass amounts of money on the Jeep are over!

The boys checking out the van at the dealership.

Yesterday I lowered my March for Babies goal to $500. Then I hit $500, so I raised it to $600. Today I checked and I am right at $600, so of course I feel the need to raise it to $700! Have you donated to help give babies a healthy start to life?
 

6 comments:

Rachel Edwards said...

yay! congrats!

Little Happys said...

Yeah!!!! I'm so happy for ya'll. I hope ya'll just love it!

Nellie said...

Good for you! Even at our "advanced age" (70), there is nothing like a van, and we still drive one! Hope you will be pleased with your purchase.

Jamie said...

That is awesome!!! My first brand new car was a KIA, and I drove it till there was 100k miles and it was still in great shape. I hope you love your new van and praising God through your research and savings is AWESOME!!!

Angela said...

I remember the days of getting 3 carseats in the back of a Neon and trying to close the door while the carseats all crunched together! Enjoy your new wheels! You deserve it!

breckholladay said...

I like to picture of the Neon dash board while traveling at 20 mph.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails