Sunday, December 20, 2009

Favorite Cookies at Christmas

Today the Question of the Week over at Multiples and More (my favorite blog network by the way!) is about our favorite Christmas Cookie recipes! We all know how much I love to bake, so this is a pretty easy thing for me to post about.



One of my new favorites are cream cheese cookie cutouts. Sounds weird huh? When we were living in Michigan I remember a family giving us these cookies and they were so good! Nick hates cream cheese and even he agreed these were tasty. This year I scoured AllRecipes.com until I found just the right recipe. I tested them out over Thanksgiving when I made these adorable little guys...



You can find the recipe for the cookies here

Another of my favorites is a cookie I "created" last Christmas and now sell in my Etsy shop! Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies!



These yummy cookies can only be made around the holidays as the "chips" can only be found in stores then. Here's the recipe!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 bag of Andes Creme de Menthe chips

Combine all but the baking chips in a bowl and beat well. Add baking chips.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes each (I find 9 minutes to be perfect, but your oven may be different). Cool on a wire rack.

I'll warn you, the smell of mint will overwhelm you when you first open the oven - I think it even made my eyes water a little the first time! The mint taste isn't nearly as overpowering though as you would think after you smell them.

Merry Christmas from my kitchen to yours!

2 comments:

Esther said...

That's weird about the mint smell, isn't it? I put a dash of peppermint extract into my sugar cut outs this year, and the heat from the oven always made the smell strong. Thanks for the recipes!

Krista said...

Meijer sells those chips all year round.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails