Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday Savings

Nick is our budget keeper and he was nice enough to allow me an "advance" on my November grocery shopping money today. It was either that or shop with all three kids in tow tomorrow and I wasn't a fan of that idea (it's doable, just not enjoyable). So about $8 of my total spent today will finish out my October budget money and the rest will go towards November. Everything you see below cost $77.40.



Aldi:
Bread - 2 loaves
Mini Bagels - 12 in package
Eggs - 2 dozen
Saltines
1 Pineapple (1 day special at Belton Aldi - only $1.69!)
2% Milk - 3 gallons
Skim Milk - 1 gallon
Long Grain Rice - 3 pound bag
Brown Sugar
Ketchup - 2 pound bottle
Bananas - 2.5 pounds
Gala Apples - 6 pounds (although as I was typing this I noticed I was charged for 9 - wish I'd paid attention!)
Red Grapes - 2 pounds
Peanut Butter

HyVee:
Baby Carrots - 1 pound
Green and Red Leaf Lettuce Bunches - 2
Fiber One Chewy Bars - 1 box
General Mills Cereals - 6 boxes
Jolly Time Popcorn - 1 box
Glide Dental Floss - 50m
Danon Yogurt - 10
Red Baron Pizza - 2

Price Chopper:
Quaker Delights Granola Bars - 1 box
Pork Roast - 7.67 pounds
Bar-S Hot Dogs - 2 packages
Danimals Yogurt Crush Cups - 1 pack of 4
Tony's Pizza - 2
California Pizza Kitchen Pizza - 1
El Monterey Tornados - 2 boxes
Birds Eye Viola Meal - 2
Breyers Ice Cream - 1

The Deals: HyVee has a great cereal deal right now, especially if you have been printing internet coupons! When you buy any 6 boxes on General Mills Cereal (8.7oz-25oz) then you get $10 off (with the HyVee coupon). In addition to that Missouri HyVees are printing out a $6 off your next trip coupon at check out (Kansas residents get a coupon for free milk)! If you have plenty of GM coupons you can stack them with the HyVee coupon and get cereal for a steal! For example, the 6 boxes I bought retailed for $21.10. I paid $6.54 AND got the $6 off coupon at check out! Even without calculating the $6 off coupon into my savings, I still saved 70% on my cereal. Other good HyVee deals include: baby carrots for .69 (limit 1), lettuce for .99, Jolly Time Popcorn for .50 (81% off), Glide Dental Floss for $1.69 (53% off), Danon Yogurt for .19 each (75% off) when stacking the $1/10 HyVee coupon with the $1/10 coupon from the paper last week and Red Baron Pizzas for $2.84 each (49% off).

Price Chopper also had a great deal on pork roast - .99 a pound (79% off)! Nick is looking forward to lots of pulled pork now. While at Price Chopper I also snagged hot dogs for .29 each (81% off), Danimals Yogurt for .99 (68% off), Tony's Pizza for .29 (79% off), El Monterey Tornados for $1 each (70% off) and Breyers Ice Cream for $1.24 (71% off).

Total Before Sales, Tax and Coupons: $160.29

Total After Sales and Coupons: $73.93 - 54% savings

For those new to my blog, Saturday Savings is a chronicling of my journey to spend just $310 a month on our family's groceries, paper products, toiletries and medicine cabinet needs. Some of my favorite deal finding sites are Money Saving Mom, Frugal Freebies and Deals, Thrifty and Chic Mom and for local KC deals - Kansas City Mamas and Cutting Coupons in KC.


1 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Helen. You are always such a good deal finder. - kel

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails