Saturday, July 4, 2009

Saturday Savings - A Great Week!

Happy 4th of July everyone!

What a trip I had at Hen House this week! Price Chopper wasn't all that shabby either (although I only bought 5 items at PC).

Thursday night I hit up Hen House for some super savvy bargain shopping! Not only did I walk out of that store with $80 worth of stuff for only $25 but I also earned a $10 gift card for a future visit! That means it's like I paid only $15 for all those groceries. I was on a massive shoppers high after that.

Target:
Whole, seedless watermelon

Hen House:
Kool-Aid - 10 packs
C&H Sugar - 4 pound bag
Crystal Light To-Go Packs - 3 boxes
McCormick's Grill Marinades - 2
Chex Mix - 4 bags
Cheerios Snack Mix - 1 bag
C&H Brown Sugar - two 2 pound bags
French's Honey Mustard
French's Spicy Brown Mustard
Town House Crackers - 5 boxes
Eggs - 2 dozen
Breyers Ice Cream - 2 cartons
Suddenly Pasta Salads - 5 boxes

Aldi:
Whole Milk - 3 gallons
Skim Milk - 1 gallon
M&M's King Size
Bread - 2 loaves
Bananas - 3 pounds
Chocolate Chips - 2 bags
Creamy Peanut Butter - 2 jars
Flour Tortillas
Flour - 5 pounds

Hy-Vee:
Deli Ham - 1 pound
A-1 Steak Sauce
Apple Sauce - 50 oz bottle
Kraft Salad Dressing
Lysol Toilet Cleaner
Tomatoes - 1.8 pounds
Hormel Pork Loin - 2 @ 1.5 pounds each

Price Chopper:
Ball Park Franks - 4 packages
Johnsonville Smoked Turkey Sausage - 1 package

The Deals: Hen House and their double coupon policy was king this week! First, the $10 gift card - I'm sure you locals especially are curious how I pulled that one off. Hen House is currently running a promotion with Keebler - buy 5 boxes of crackers and receive a $10 GC, buy 10 boxes and receive a $25 GC. This week at Hen House boxes of Keebler Town House Crackers are $1.88 each. The Hen House I visited (135th and Metcalf for you locals) had coupons next to the crackers that were $1/2 boxes. I scooped up two of those and my 5th box had a peely coupon on it for .55! If I had the room in my pantry I might have considered buying 10 boxes. (Note: Price Chopper is running the same deal, but their crackers have not been as cheap nor have I seen coupons in the cracker aisle.)

Also at Hen House I snagged the following.... Kool-Aid was .07 a piece and I had a coupon for $2 off any sugar if I bought 10 packs of Kool-Aid. The sugar I bought was on sale for $1.89 but the coupon still rang for $2 off, so I paid .59 for 10 packs of Kool-Aid and a 4 pound bag of sugar. The McCormick Marinades were free, plus some - .69 each but my .50 off coupons both doubled to $1 so I "made" .62 on the deal! The Suddenly Salads were .77 each (67% off). The brown sugar was .90 a bag (45% off). The Chex Mix and Cheerios Mix were only .50 a bag (I had a whole stack of .50 off one coupons, which all doubled to $1) so saved over 80% on each bag! The Breyers Ice Cream was only .99 each after my coupon which was 76% off.

Price Chopper had Ball Park Franks on sale for .97 a package and I had two $1/2 coupons, which brought my price down to about .50 a package (85% off). At Hy-Vee I snagged Kraft Dressing for .58 (80%) and A-1 Sauce for .99 (78%). The Hormel Pork Loins were a nice deal at $4 each (BOGO and I had two $1 off coupons).

Total Before Sales, Coupons and Tax: $168.25
Total After Sales & Coupons: $69.14 - 59% off
(If you take into account the $10 GC I earned my percentage saved goes to 65%!)

1 comments:

kathie said...

Great bargains this week. We don't have any stores in my area of Florida that double their coupons. As a matter of fact we don't even have stores with the deals or prices that you have. I do try to take advantage of the buy one get one.

You are doing a great job feeding a family of 5 on a budget. I am sure Nick is proud of you.

Keep up the great job.
Kathie

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails