Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday Savings - A Great Week!

I hit the bargain jackpot yesterday in a few places, which excited me to no end! All the stuff you see below cost $67.80 and here's what it included:


Aldi:
Whole Milk - 3 gallons
Skim Milk - 1 gallon
Pancake Syrup
Baking Cocoa
Chips
Pinto Beans - 2, 2 pound bags
Rice - 2, 3 pound bags
Pasta Shells
Tortillas
Bananas - 3 pounds
Freeze Pops - 36 ct
Peanut Butter
Cinnamon Graham Crackers
Diced Tomatoes - 3 cans
Parmesan Cheese

Hy-Vee:
Dannon Yogurt - 10 containers
Wonder Bread - 1 loaf
Spaghetti Sauce - 1 can
Kellogg's Frosted Mini Wheats - 2 boxes
Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - 2 boxes
Kraft BBQ Sauce
Chinet Paper Plates
Lean Ham - 4 pounds
Carrots - 2 pounds
Green Peppers - 2
Ken's Salad Dressing

Price Chopper:
Eggs - 2 dozen
Swanson Pot Pies - 4
Frozen Veggies - 4 bags
Sara Lee Bread - 1 loaf
Kiwi - 10
Right Guard Extreme Deodorant - 6

The Deals: I had some thrilling buys yesterday! At Hy-Vee I bought the BBQ Sauce for .24 (87% off), the Ken's Salad Dressing for .88 (73% off), the Dannon Yogurt for just .20 a container (73% off) and all of the Kellogg's Cereals for .58 a box (83% off)! Needless to say, I was thrilled with my purchases there.

At Price Chopper I had some equally (if not more) thrilling deals though... The Sara Lee Bread was .18. Yep, .18! That's 94% off! The eggs were on sale for .68 a dozen (with a 2 dozen limit), the frozen veggies were .67 a bag (57% off) with a 4 bag limit. I likely will hit Price Chopper once or twice more this weekend to really stock up on those. While in Price Chopper I walked past their clearance section and was ecstatic to find the brand of deodorant Nick uses in there! Normally this deodorant will run anywhere for $3.75-$4.25 a piece depending on where you shop. They were marked down to $1.50 each in the clearance cart! Know what made it even better? I had a save $1 on 2 coupon with me. This clearance cart is the sole reason I bring all of my coupons into the store with me.

Total cost before sales, coupons and tax: $142.82
Total cost after sales and coupons: $64.26 - Savings of 55%

3 comments:

Jen said...

And to think that I got excited to have saved $29.57 last week! Good job!

Brossettelewis said...

http://seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com/2009/05/holy-crud-couponing-rocks.html

This reminded me of you :) (she a mock LDS/mother of multiples/mom blog )

breckholladay said...

It made me sad to see pancake syrup on your table. I am so sorry.

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails