Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Letter and Picture




Hello Friends & Family,                                                               
Welcome to our Family Christmas Letter, Volume Three. In the next few paragraphs we’ll take you on the enchanting journey that was 2007. We hope you enjoy it!
In January of 2007, Helen and I visited the magical world created by the great Walt Disney. It was my first visit to Disney World and I learned 2 valuable lessons from my visit. First, it’s totally normal as a first time visitor to have sticker shock about the cost of everything, whether it is a banana or a park pass. Second, it really is another world. I felt like I had left America and was hoping I didn’t need a passport to get back to Kansas.
Easter of 2007 we embarked on a road trip to Oklahoma. The highlight of the trip was our visit to the Cowboy Museum (Giddy Up) and the Totem Pole Park (probably won’t be going back to that attraction anytime soon).
In July, we bought our first home. It’s a delightful 3 bedroom ranch with a cute garage door. Being a homeowner is a lot of hard work. I no longer have a number to call in case we have problems. Now I must rely on my handyman skills which can be a little frightening to say the least. Although I must tell you that I have successfully installed a few curtains since moving in. 
Well before all my readers begin to wonder if I will ever mention the most exciting part of our past year please put your wondering's to rest, as I will now fill you in on the most exciting moment of 2007. It began on a cool spring day as Helen and I sat in a waiting room getting ready for our first chance to see our little one. Little did we know our lives were about to change forever. As we began the ultrasound the first words out of the technician’s mouth were “Oh My You’ve Got Two…” then before finishing her sentence she started another one “No Wait There Are Three”. Well 5 months later I finally believed the technician as Jackson, Tyler, and Chase became part of our family.
On August 27th at 6:11, 6:12, & 6:13 a.m. our 3 precious boys were born! Each spent a little time in the intensive care unit but within a few weeks all 5 of us arrived home to begin a very wild ride! In the nearly 4 months since their arrival our lives have been turned upside down. I’ve estimated in the past 4 months that we have changed nearly 2,400 diapers and washed almost as many bottles. Today the boys are doing great!! They are growing, smiling, and eating a lot. They are a blast to be around and we both feel so lucky to have them with us.
As always no Christmas letter is complete without a top 10 list. This year’s top 10 list is the top ten most random things we did this year. In no particular order:
1.    Attended the KC Royals Opening Day
2.    Experienced a B52 Fly Over
3.    Played Mini-Golf on one of the hardest courses in America
4.    Provided a home for Marbles (a stray cat)
5.    Visited the Precious Moments Center in Carthage, Missouri
6.    Held a Baby Alligator then enjoyed some yummy Gator Jerky
7.    Rejoiced in the Return of Vanilla Coke (see Christmas Letter #2)
8.    Enjoyed a Tulsa Drillers Baseball Game with 200 other people (stadium capacity was 10,000)
9.    Hugged the World’s Tallest Oil Driller (He’s over 75 feet tall)
10.  Took an Air Boat ride through the Everglades

I hope this letter finds you well. We miss you all and hope you have a great Christmas and a fantastic 2008.
Merry Christmas from our family!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails